Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When I was your age...

I realize I'm only 33, but a few things have come to my attention lately.

First, my darling niece is two-thirds my age, and has graduated college. Eeep.

Second, the kids who were born the year I graduated high school are now getting their driver's licenses. Yikes.

Third, my best friend's second YOUNGEST child is the same age that she and I were when we met. And I thought it was a shock when her oldest turned five.

I caught myself saying "when I was your age" to my nephew a couple years ago. He was 26 at the time.

I'm turning into my parents. Worse, I'm not really even fighting it, because there are worse things I could be.

AUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

A friend was telling me the other day that he had mocked his father when his dad suggested extra steps to get onto a semi trailer, but now he's finding he needs the extra boost, too. I'd have mocked him, except that he's almost 4 years younger than me. I'm grateful I have running boards on my truck.

A piece of wisdom floated across my desk the other day - "The best things about the good old days is I wasn't good and I wasn't old." Truer words have never been spoken. Or if they have, I don't remember them ;)

No comments: